Mark Whitehead, Of Counsel in KSF’s New Orleans office, practices complex class action litigation.
Mark Whitehead has been practicing in the field of mass torts and class actions since 2001. He has been involved in numerous environmental cases involving class claims for property damage and medical monitoring. Mark also represented the Boilermakers’ Union Local 1814 in New Orleans, LA. He served on the plaintiff’s committee for consolidated Vioxx mass tort litigation in New Jersey and has served on the science committee of the Plaintiff’s Steering Committee in the PPA multi-district litigation, as well as serving similar roles in the Bextra/Celebrex, Vioxx, PPA, Fen-Phen, and Avandia MDLs. Mark is currently serving as a member of the science, bellwether trial, and expert witness committees in the Xarelto MDL. Mark has authored and co-authored publications in fields as diverse as aviation, neurosurgery, vascular surgery and cardiology and was the recipient of the American Venous Forum Research Award. He has also served as acting coroner for Vermilion Parish and was on the Eunice, Louisiana Regional Airport Commission.
- Tulane University, 2000, J.D.
- Tulane University, 1995, M.D.
- University of Georgia, 1991, B.S.
- United States Courts of Appeal for the Fifth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Courts for the Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Courts for the Western Districts of Louisiana
- United States District Courts for the Northern Districts of Florida
- United States District Courts for the Southern Districts of Florida
- American Association for Justice
- Louisiana Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- Louisiana Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Louisiana State Medical Society
- Vermilion Parish Medical Society (past treasurer and vice president)