Mr. Abadou is a KSF partner who oversees the Firm’s San Francisco office. He specializes in securities litigation and is responsible for numerous precedent-setting securities decisions, including:
- In re UnitedHealth Group PSLRA Litig., 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 40623 (D. Minn. 2007) ($925.5 million recovery);
- In re Eletrobras Secs. Litig., 245 F. Supp. 3d 450 (S.D.N.Y. 2017) ($14.75 million recovery);
- Kasper v. AAC Holdings, Inc., 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 87492 (M.D. Tenn. 2016) ($25 million recovery);
- Dougherty v. Esperion Therapeutics, 2020 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 216515 (E.D. Mich. 2020) ($18.25 million recovery);
- Khoja v. Orexigen Therapeutics, 2021 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 230105 (S.D. Cal. 2021) ($4.8 million recovery);
- In re SemGroup Energy Partners, L.P., 729 F. Supp. 2d 1276 (N.D. Ok. 2010) ($28 million recovery);
- Minneapolis Firefighters’ Relief Ass’n v. Medtronic, Inc., 278 F.R.D. 454 (D. Minn. 2011) ($85 million recovery);
- In re CytRx Corp. Sec. Litig., 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 91447 (C.D. Cal. 2015) ($8.5 million recovery).
Mr. Abadou also prevailed in litigation before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the United States Supreme in Khoja v. Orexigen Therapeutics, Inc., 899 F.3d 988 (9th Cir. 2018) cert. denied sub nom. Hagan v. Khoja, 139 S. Ct. 2615 (2019). Orexigen significantly altered the civil pleading practice landscape in the Ninth Circuit, leading Securities Law360 to describe Orexigen one of the “Biggest Securities Decisions of 2018.”
In 2010, Mr. Abadou was named one of the Daily Journal’s Top 20 Lawyers in California under 40 and, since 2015, has been selected to Super Lawyers annually as a leading securities litigation practitioner. He has been invited to lecture on securities litigation at Stanford University Law School, the University of San Diego School of Law, Boston College Law School and is a Law Lecturer at U.C. Berkeley Law School. Mr. Abadou has been covered by the press in Bloomberg, The Guardian, SFGate, NBC News among others.
He obtained a B.A. from Pitzer College in 1994 and an M.A. from Columbia University in 1997. He earned his J.D. from Boston College Law School in 2002.
- Boston College Law School, 2002, J.D.
- Columbia University, 1997, M.A.
- Pitzer College, 1994, B.A.
- Supreme Court of the United States
- United States Courts of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Courts of Appeal for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of California
- United States District Courts for the Central District of California
- United States District Courts for the Southern Districts of California
- United States District Courts for the Northern Districts of California
- United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan
- San Francisco Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association for the Northern District of California
- Panelist with Federal Bar Association Justice & Diversity Project